This weeks appointment update

I'm sorry for not posting sooner with an update but you know what it's like!

I've had a really rough week and have been trying to sleep through it all for a while. It's a long story but I'll keep it short !

It was my daughters birthday on Monday...which meant that there was an evil chocolate cake in the house...yep...on Tuesday, I caved... and now I'm in a right old pickle!

My dietitian rang me on Wednesday to see how I was getting on and was more than a little bit worried when I told her the situation. I had already switched the feed off because my abdominal pain was through the roof so she told me to leave it switched off overnight and to start again when I felt well enough.

I had my appointment with the surgeon about my gallbladder on Thursday which was lousy timing but I really needed to go so I went armed with sick bags and stemitil!

My appointment went really well and he said that he does think that the gallbladder is playing a role in some of my pain issues at the moment. He said he would be happy to remove the gallbladder and possibly the pacer too. He wants to speak to my GI first so I'm now waiting to hear back about what they are doing and when. He also said that he would be able to do everything keyhole so I could avoid another open surgery. So that's a little step forward, and hopefully it will answer a lot of my pain issues!

I slept for most of the way home and just flaked out on the bed in my clothes when I got home. I didn't wake up until lunchtime the following day! This is good when you don't get much sleep... but it's not good when you are having to manually flush water down your tube during the waking hours of the day. So now I'm dehydrated and frantically trying to top myself back up.

The weekend was really tough and I realised today that I'm not going to manage if I continue to go downhill much longer. It's my sons birthday on Friday and I want to be here for that so I'm on a mission to regain control!

It just goes to show how one tiny insignificant piece of chocolate cake can completely kick your ass!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gastroparesis, EDS & the Final Piece of the Jigsaw Part #3 / Cranio-cervical Instability!

Gastroparesis, EDS, & the final piece of the jigsaw #Part 2

Gastroparesis the Truth