It's A Waiting Game

Hey guys, Im posting because I got my confirmation for my appointment in Manchester today. It is for the 16th of April which sounds like a million miles away to me at the moment. I can't even begin to explain how drained I feel and I just know its only going to get worse which is the hardest part to take. I'm spending much of my time giving flushes down my NJ tube because I'm not tolerating enough feed to keep my fluids up, meaning I have to do 10ml water flushes throughout the day. I'm going to ask my dietitian if I can get some hydra bags (water) so I can switch to water for a few hours a day...I think anything is worth a try at the moment because quite honestly I'm not getting enough of anything right now anyway so I might as well try it and see if I can get some more fluid on board. I did also think that it might be worth trying the basic feed again to see if I can tolerate higher volumes of that, it's less calories but if I can cope with a higher volume then that would also increase my fluid intake. I think sometimes we have to just take charge of ourselves and just do what you think is best for you! It's not good relying on people who don't live it to tell you what you need to be doing. Of course I won't make any changes without speaking to my dietitian first but at the end of the day no one else has any ideas right now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gastroparesis, EDS & the Final Piece of the Jigsaw Part #3 / Cranio-cervical Instability!

Gastroparesis, EDS, & the final piece of the jigsaw #Part 2

Gastroparesis the Truth