RANT

AAAARRRRGGGGG!

This is going to be one big rant, I'm a calm person really I promise ; )

Lots of you already know that I was due to get my Hickman line on Tuesday, so by rights I should be getting some food by now. But remember...this is me, queen of the cock-ups, disaster magnet extrodinaire... or is it just that I'm so laid back that people think "its ok she won't mind"? 
Which ever it is... I DO mind!

As mentioned in my earlier post, I was due to be admitted on Sunday ready to get a hickman line on Tuesday. Unfortunately there wasn't a bed available on Sunday. 
Not to worry, just a quick change of plan....go down to my GPs office to get the MRSA screening done and all will be ready for Tuesday. 
After all, I'm "DEFINATELY DEFINATELY" on the list! 

So I skip my regular IV day which was much needed, to head down to the GP to get the screening done, expecting that it would be ok because I would be getting my fluids on Tuesday after the procedure.

I didn't know where or when to go but they said they would phone...
silence....
several phone calls and a lot of waiting later, don't worry its all in hand and the unit will contact you shortly with a time.
Silence...
I know whats coming...
Actually, even I didn't expect that!..
Nothing, not a peep or a whisper... 
So I presume its off then! 

But what's the plan now then?

Today someone will ring and tell me what the new arrangements are...
Nope....
Several more phone calls later...
I finally get to speak to one of the team....hmmm there are no beds and you have missed the list for this week....the next slot is on Tuesday! 
What? I don't need a bed, stick me in the cupboard for all I care just give me some food!!!!!

The upshot is, they are waiting for a bed, as soon as they get one I'm there....
But I still have to starve for 7 more days because I missed my slot! 
Hey, no rush guys...
I'll do you a deal!....
You starve for the next 7 days with me and see how much you mind!

If you're a really good patient I might throw you a litre of fluid to keep you going!

Apart from that I'm chipper!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gastroparesis, EDS & the Final Piece of the Jigsaw Part #3 / Cranio-cervical Instability!

Gastroparesis, EDS, & the final piece of the jigsaw #Part 2

Gastroparesis the Truth