One step forward....

I have not been writing much, in fact I haven't been doing much of anything lately... you know when I start writing poems...its not going well lol. I have been having a mini war with myself over medication and just generally sulking about the whole situation!

At my last consultation we decided to remove my nj tube after starting on TPN in the hope that I wouldn't need them now that I'm not using my digestive system for feeding. It didn't take long to realise that I really needed some of those meds but by then it was too late and the tube was gone. So I have spent weeks trying to cope, simply because I didn't want the dreaded tube back! Really all I needed to do was make a phone call or send an email but I wasn't giving in and wanted to make it work. That was pretty dumb and I should have known better but I never learn. I do everything the hard way so why would this be any different lol.

So, of course by taking that approach, I just made everything worse for myself and ended up in a pickle! I got run down, tired and ended up with an infection in my line site. So after a week on oral antibiotics, added to the other meds I'm trying to keep down and all you get is a sore throat from throwing it all back out again.

Finally I had to admit that this isn't working and I need some help. It took me a long time to finally speak to one of my drs but they both got back to me eventually and agreed that I should get the NJ back while they decide about the long term.

Now that it's being dealt with I just wish I had tackled it sooner and I could have got things together by now instead of sitting here with my sick bowl and an itchy boob!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gastroparesis, EDS & the Final Piece of the Jigsaw Part #3 / Cranio-cervical Instability!

Gastroparesis, EDS, & the final piece of the jigsaw #Part 2

Gastroparesis the Truth