Friday, 11 November 2011

Weight gain!

As promised here is an update on my visit to the dietitian on Wednesday.....

I've gained 3lb!!!!!!

We suspect that this is due to taking on more fluid through the increased feed rate so I must have been severely dehydrated last week! Not surprising I was feeling so low! It was so nice not to stand on the scales and feel that the weeks effort was wasted.

My plan is to increase the feed rate whenever I can tolerate it by 5mls/hr until I get to the magic 60ml point. Then I can start thinking about having a few hours NOT attached to my backpack! I'm so pleased that things are starting to go in the right direction and am looking forward to making some real headway over the coming months. My wounds are healing nicely too, and each day I am able to stand up a little straighter.

I have been very pro active this week and am once again trying to raise awareness for all those who suffer as I do. I have started a facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Living-with-Gastroparesis-and-Ehlers-Danlos-Syndrome/183940928358425?ref=ts

You can also friend request me: Minx Natalie.

I'm hoping that this will help my GP community to talk more freely and share research and resources with each other.

Please help me spread the word and get my new project going...I hope to see some of you guys there!

Much love

Minxy 

2 comments:

  1. Well done you!!! xxx

    Love
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations! Thanks so much for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete

Hi please post comments below, I love to hear from my readers so don't be shy X